Promoting the sport of Lacrosse by providing youth coed lacrosse programs and activities in the Verona Wisconsin area for grades 3 through high school.

Home
Sponsored By:   Iconica
/Registration/FamilyAccounts.asp?org=VERONALACROSSE.COM

My my My my

High Ping spikes
Forum: General Discussion
Subject: High Ping spikes
Posted by: westinbrodey of alohalax.org
Date/Time:
Hello all,

So I recently got new internet and it wasnt all that bad and then I noticed unbearable lag in games I played on my xbox. So I did tons of reasearch on wifi channels and ports for my specific games and such. I tried everything and none of it helped. I messed around with my router and ran tests through Ping plotter and understood a lot. I would test from my phone to my router while I was gaming and watch the ping ms to start a proccess of elimination through testing IP adresses of my router and my ISP. Come to find out its my ISP I THINK. When I test my isp IP adress on my phone and game I get ping spikes of upwards of 1000ms+ every once in awhile. Only lasts about 2 sec on my phone but the spikes takes its time while im gaming or streaming a movie. Ill get warnings from a streaming movie at random saying I have low bandwith and its not enough to keep the movie going. Any help on what I should do? Is it really my ISP or could it be anything else?

Thank you

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://www.tomshardware.com/fdxcvfd/high-ping-spikes.html
Staffing Service VIdeo  
     Reply to message    
Message Thread
Subject Posted by When
High Ping spikes  westinbrodey   5 months ago