Player Registration Information and Instructions
Registration for the 2017 Spring Lacrosse Season for Youth and High School programs is now open.
Online registration is accessed by clicking on the Register Online button on the home page of www.veronalacrosse.com.
Then on "Select a Registration Category", select ALL to see all open registration programs, or select a specific registration program for your player's grade level.
It is recommended to use Google Chrome as your internet browser.
Upon the completion of online registration you will receive a confirmation page, which needs to be printed and returned with any additional registration forms not completed via the on-line process.
Click on the Register Online button on the main page to start the registration process.
NOTE: If you are unable to complete the registration online, please click on the FEEDBACK button on the left menu bar and indicate your needs. The webmaster will coordinate a time with you for online registration.
REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE and US LACROSSE MEMBERSHIP is REQUIRED
Registration fees and grade levels
Online Registration Features (Integrated US Lacrosse Registration and Payment Options)
Registration in Three Easy Steps
Parent Information Meetings
Youth Practices and Games
Multi-Family discounts, Volunteering, Scholarships, Uniforms, and Boys Helmet Order Information
Registration Fees and Grade Levels:
The following are the registration fees for the Verona Lacrosse Club's 2017 Spring season. This page should give you all the information you will need to get started. You may register a player for one of eight programs based on the player's gender and age and/or grade level:
|High School Boys Varsity and JV (Grades 9-12) **
|High School Girls Varsity and JV (Grades 9-12) **
Boys Youth U15 (Born on or after 9/1/2001)
Primarily 8th grade, but could include 7th grade.
NO High School.
*** All players attending high school should register at the HS Level
even if meeting the birth date requirement of U15.
|14 years or younger as of 8/31/16
|Boys Youth U13 (Born on or after 9/1/2003)
||12 years old or younger as of 8/31/16
|Boys Youth U11 (Born on or after 9/1/2005)
||10 years old or younger as of 8/31/16
|Boys Youth U9 (Born on or after 9/1/2007)
||8 years old or younger as of 8/31/16
|Girls Youth G15 (Grades 6, 7, 8)
||14 years old or younger as of 8/31/16
|Girls Youth G11 (Grades 3, 4, 5)
||11 years old or younger as of 8/31/16
Also, multi-player discounts of $20 per player will be applied after the first player is registered.
** The HS Boys & Girls program cost includes an allocation for bus transportation to some away games.
Detailed instructions for online registration can be located here Online Registration Instructions
US LACROSSE AGE GUIDELINES: For registration purposes, all VLC youth players should register for the their applicable team based on the age level or grade level requirements stated in the registration process. US Lacrosse established these specific age/grade guidelines in order to promote the game of lacrosse among the youth of America in a safe and sportsmanlike environment. VLC supports these established age guidelines. VLC believes players should play with their peers, and therefore, aligns teams accordingly. However, upon completion of registration, VLC will evaluate potential player exceptions to the US Lacrosse Age Guidelines based on overall team numbers, a player’s birth date, team impacts, coach input, and a player’s physical and mental ability to compete and interact effectively with a different age level group.
*** NEW RULE FOR U15: In accordance with US Lacrosse age level guidelines, players who attend high school must play for high school teams even if eligible to play on the U15 team based on age requirements. Alternatively, for 8th grade players who do not meet the age requirements, VLC will consider petitioning the league for a waiver allowing that 8th grade player to participate at the U15 level.
Online Registration Features
Integrated US Lacrosse Registration
The club has integrated our registration with US Lacrosse. During the registration process you will be asked to register with US Lacrosse (or renew if your current registration expires before the end of the season). As part of the agreement with US Lacrosse you will be asked to pay these fees via credit card while registering. The US Lacrosse fees are $30 for youth players (U9, U11/G11, U13 and U15/G15) and $35 for High School (grades 9-12). Upon completing your registration with US Lacrosse, you will automatically return to the Verona Lacrosse Club registration.
PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD
You now have the option to pay your player fees by VISA/MasterCard at the time of registration. This new feature is convenient and secure, giving you the ability to pay once for US Lacrosse and Verona Lacrosse registrations at the end of the registration process.
|Completing Registration in Three Easy Steps
Step 1: Complete the online registration program for each player in your family .
- It is recommended to use Google Chrome as your internet browser. Other browsers will work as well, but Google Chrome seems to be the most proficient in completing the forms.
- To expedite the process, gather insurance, physician, emergency contact, and player t-shirt/uniform size in advance of starting the registration process.
- The registration process will also request information on how families intend to complete their volunteer hour requirements. Details of VLC volunteer policy and volunteer opportunities can be found at volunteer.veronalacrosse.com
- Start the process by clicking on the "Register Online" button on the club homepage left menu bar.
- Select a Registration Category
- ALL - displays all open programs, including any camps or clinics
- GIRLS Youth Season Registration displays registration options for G11 and G15
- BOYS Youth Season Registration displays registration options for U9, U11, U13, and U15
- HS Season Registration displays registration for Boys and Girls High School
- Select the program for your player: Read the instructions thoroughly on what is required to complete the registration.
- Returning members: If you registered previously, logging in will expedite the process and avoid duplicative family information. If you need assistance with your account or password, please click on the "Edit My Account" button on the home page. To retrieve your password you can enter your email address and it will be sent to you.
- New members: You will be asked to create an account. Simply follow the instructions accordingly.
- Upon completion of the registration, print and review your confirmation thoroughly for additional instructions and links to other required forms.
Step 2: Submit Payment.
- If you paid during the on-line process, fantastic! If payment is due, bring your check, payable to Verona Lacrosse Club, along with any forms required under Step 3, based on your confirmation instructions, to the informational meeting for your player. If you are unable to attend your informational meeting, refer to your confirmation for forms submittal and mail payment to the address below. All forms and fees must be submitted to the club prior to participation.
Mail your completed forms and check(s) to:
Verona Lacrosse Club
PO Box 930548
Verona WI 53593-0548
The Verona Lacrosse club requires that payment of all fees be made prior to participation in club activities. If your child for any reason decides to not participate after registering, Verona Lacrosse will refund all fees paid less US Lacrosse fees if the request is made within one week prior to the first practice date, which varies per program.
Step 3: Submit Other Required Player Forms. Refer to your confirmation for additional instructions.
- Youth Player Registrations:
- Complete the Youth Player Registration Forms Pack and bring those documents, along with a copy of your confirmation completed in Step 1, to your applicable informational meeting. These forms can also be found in the DOCUMENTS section of the website, under Registration Forms and Information/Youth Forms. Return pages 1 and 2 only.
- HS Player Registrations:
- Complete the High School Player Registration Pack and bring those documents, along with a copy of your confirmation completed in Step 1, to your applicable informational meeting. These forms can also be found in the DOCUMENTS section of the website, under Registration Forms and Information/HS forms..
Step 4: High School only.
- Complete the on-line VAHS Athletics Registration Process:
To complete the Code of Conduct and Concussion forms, go to: vahsathletics.com
Click on REGISTER FOR SPORTS on the right side
Click on ENTER REGISTRATION, Log-in or Sign up
If your player has NOT participated in a school sport yet this school year, please follow the registration process. In completing this process, you must click on ALL of the document links – including Spanish, Hmong, etc. They must all be clicked on and then discarded before you can continue on and electronically sign the Code of Conduct and Concussion forms.
If your player has already participated in a school sport this school year, please make sure that you have selected “lacrosse” in the column of sports. If not, please follow the registration process above to complete this step.
Parent Information & Organizational Meetings
- Youth (Boys and Girls), Grades 2-8. Tuesday, January 24, 2017, Badger Ridge Middle School Commons, 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Learn about the sport, the season, practice/game schedules and equipment needs. Girls and boys will break into separate sessions for the second half of this meeting.
- High School Boys (MANDATORY MEETING). Monday, January 23, 2017, Badger Ridge Middle School Commons, 6:30 p.m to 8:30 p.m. All players and at least one parent should attend.
- High School Girls (MANDATORY MEETING). Wednesday, February 8, 2017, Badger Ridge Middle School Commons, 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. All players and at least one parent should attend.
Multi Player Discounts. If a family has more than one player, there is a discount for each additional family player after the first player is registered:
|Total Family Players
||Total Family Discount
|2 or more family members Players
||$20 discount per additional registration
Youth Practices & Games
Youth practices for boys and girls will vary depending on the grade level. The practice schedule will be discussed at the Youth Parent Information meeting. The 2017 practice schedule can be found at youthpractices.veronalacrosse.com.
If the schedule is modified, and that modification creates a conflict for your player, a full refund will be provided if requested in advance of practices beginning.
Youth games are scheduled on Saturday and Sundays starting late-April and continuing into the first week of June. The majority of games will be held in the Madison area, including Verona, Oregon, Stoughton, Middleton, Janesville, Deforest, and Sun Prairie, with the potential for some games at Kettle Moraine, Elkhorn, and Watertown.
As part of the player registration, the club requires families to contribute a specific number of volunteer hours to the club for each player registered. There are a variety of opportunities to volunteer throughout the season by participating in various activities, such as the scoreboard, field maintenance or tournament help. Information on the opportunity to buy out of this requirement will be available at the organizational meetings.
Click here to view the Volunteer Policy and Buyout Options.
Click here to view the list of all Volunteer Opportunities.
Scholarships are available to assist those families that endure a financial hardship. Scholarship funds do not cover U.S. lacrosse fees or any equipment needs. ALL scholarship requests are due by February 15, 2017. Requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and applicants will be notified of their scholarship award by March 1, 2017.
Click here to complete the online Scholarship Form (PREFERRED)
Click here to download a hard copy Scholarship Form.
All registered players will be provided a game uniform. A separate uniform deposit check is required. Checks are made payable to VLC upon distribution of the uniform and held during the season. When the uniform is returned at the end of the season and it is confirmed that volunteer hours have been completed, the check is shredded or returned. Uniform deposits: Youth $50, High School Boys Varsity $100, High School Boys JV $50, High School Girls $50-$100.
Boys Cascade Helmet Orders (1st Order deadline has passed)
VLC will be placing a club-wide order for Cascade R Helmets. The cost is $175 per helmet (a substantial discount off the retail price of $250). Orders and payment are due by February 19, 2017, with a delivery date no later than March 5. Click here for the on-line order form.