The Verona Lacrosse Club is a volunteer organization, which requires the participation of its members' families to ensure its success. All families are asked to contribute a certain number of volunteer hours, which is determined by the number of players involved.
Volunteering is an integral component of all Club sports, and Lacrosse is no different. However, unlike many other sports, Lacrosse is a sport that is unfamiliar to many parents. As a result, volunteering can be a bit intimidating at first. VLC Club organizers, more experienced parents, and referees understand that lacrosse is not a sport that many parents had the opportunity to play. Therefore, they are more than willing to help and answer questions.
Plus, volunteering is really the best way to become familiar with this sport, which in turn will make watching the game more enjoyable, help you better communicate with your player and provide you with an appreciation for why Lacrosse is the fastest-growing sport in America. And, there are detailed instructions to refer to as well for volunteering.
The reality is ... if your player can learn the game, so can you! And, if you new to a volunteer task, don't be afraid to ask other parents and/or your Parent Rep/Team Manager to get you started.
If you prefer to not volunteer for your players' games, there are also numerous non-game volunteer opportunities. Additionally, Team and Board Level, as well as a varity of Non-Game Volunteer Opportunities, entirely fulfill all volunteer requirements for all players
And, if you just can't volunteer, there is also an optional Buyout policy outlined in the VLC Volunteer Policy found below.
Below are several links to provide assistance with volunteering requirements:
If you have any questions on specific volunteer opportunities, simply click on FEEDBACK on the left menu bar to specify your inquiry, and a board member and/or the applicable individual for your questions will respond to you.
- 249 registered players
- 75 club-level positions that fulfill volunteer requirements for all players
- 9 board level positions
- 15 club positions (MALA rep, webmaster, social media, Bullrush committee, Trivia night committee, Fundraising committee, youth parent coordinator)
- 10 field positions (field manager and Adopt-a-Field positions, which manage the 7 fields throughout the season)
- 23 youth and high school team parents, managers, and age level managers
- 18 youth coaches
- ~ 700 game day and fundraising volunteer spots (each approximately 1-1/2 to 2 hours in duration)
- To fill these openings, it equates to approx. 6-8 hours of volunteer time per player for all player parents not filling a club-level psoition.